- BIRTH/BAPTISMAL RECORD:
- Jean Claude was the sixth child of Jean Baptiste and Luce and was born about 1809-1811 based on his age found on various pieces of evidence. However, I can't find a baptismal record for him, even though Louis Henry, Juan Marcelino and Marie Josephine had their baptismal records listed in Vol 10 of the Sacramental Records for the Archdiocese of New Orleans for 1810-1812. Jean Lucien is found on Vol 11 for 1813-1815. A friend checked Vol 9 1807-1809 and found nothing for Jean Claude. If he was baptized 1809-1811 we could assume his baptism would be listed in one of those volumes.
- The will of Jean Baptiste in 1820, lists his son, Claude age 9 and there was no mention of a son named Juan/Jean Marcelino.
- The recorder of the baptism of Juan Marcelino, Archdiocese of New Orleans, listed his name incorrectly because the priest was probably Spanish and changed his French “Jean” to Spanish “Juan”. If the priest made this error on the name, is there another error?
- Juan Marcelino could have died very young and perhaps we have not yet located a death record. Was Jean Claude baptized elsewhere? Not likely. Did the baptism of Jean Claude get overlooked when the Archdiocese volumes were produced? OR could Juan Marcelino be Jean Claude?
- Jean Clode Foloe Pinta married Margueritte Colin, 28 October 1828 in Mobile. (Jean Claude would have been age 17-19). No known children from this marriage.
- According to Abstracts of Orphans Court Minutes of Mobile Co, entered July 24, 1830: John Glode Foloe PINTA produces will of TROUILLET, Margaritte, deceased, his wife. Guardians were appointed for Emeline TROUILLET alias Emeline PINTA, infant under 14 years; and Henry TROUILLET alias PINTA, under 14. Will book 1 states: Margaritte Trouillet, a free woman of colour……..unto my two children, Emeline, who is aged about eight years and Louis Henry, my son aged about nine months, and to my friend Toloe? Pinta, who is the father of my two before mentioned children. The is contradictory in that the first record states they are married but the later insinuates they are not married, but Jean Claude is the father of her children. (He would have been age 11-13 at the birth of Emeline and age 18-20 when Louis Henry was born.) Perhaps he really wasn’t the father of Emeline. Was TROUILLET his concubine? He just married COLIN a year before the birth of Louis Henry?
- Married Marie Victoria Raby 2 December 1833. They had five children between 1834 and 1843.
- Is Margueritte Colin and Margaritte Trouillet the same person?
Are there two Jean Claude Foloe Pinta men in the area, about the same age, with similar names?